A NOTE FOR JUNIOR



At the age of 12 or so, my mom and dad moved to Texas. I cannot tell you what exactly the reason was or pretty much any other detail about the relocation because I honestly do not recall anything of the sort. One of the most vivid reasons to smile at that time was getting closer to my childhood friend, Junior. We must have been tiny kids when we met each other and started getting along so well. Neither of us knows the exact year of our comradeship.

Years passed. And the comradeship turned to a brotherhood.


One day we were sent to the woods, we had to sort out the cows as the weekend was approaching. Uncontrollably, each of us started laughing. We stopped cutting the thick grass. We sat and initiated a chat about life. We had big dreams. We both wanted to make it so soon…
“Hey, look at the sky, yet two more rounds, remember the route we are using, I mean the hill”. I really remember that day more than others that we had together. Not to mention the day we stole avocado seedlings from the neighboring state, Tennessee, but non of it germinated. ((Huuhaaa..)).

Deep in the woods where we sat, please find the following note;

Dear junior,

Maybe I should quit calling you junior. But that's how we grew up together. We may have grown apart at times, being separated by different schools and activities, but I’m glad we shared those moments. If only life was that simple now, but back then it was the best life I could have imagined.

I am proud of the man you have become. No one taught you to respect others. No one showed you to be humble. No one showed you to treat me and many others like a brother. Maybe nature deed.

All along, you have accepted all of yourself; your strengths, your weaknesses, your surroundings, your present truths, and know what tools you have to fulfill your purpose.

Whatever was to crash already crashed, ahead of you is a strong tsunami, and after it is a hot furnace, and that’s the only way out for a wounded_winning_soldier  like you. Soon we are meeting on the other side of the sea, that’s all I know. That’s where we belong remember!

Someday, let us visit Fulhadhoo or Cayo Coco, and there we shall stand looking into the see wearing our ever brotherly smile. I know you will shake your head, so will I. Nature will witness us knocking each others’ shoulder for we conquered.

Twenty-three is your catch_up year. God loves you, Junior.
Haaappiest Birthday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOT MORE BRANCHING, YET.

THE KINDERGARTEN

EPISODE_2019

SHOW UP EVERY DAY!

At The End Of The Day...

EXPLORE...